1. Booking Arrangements. In order to avoid disappointment, we invite you to make your booking as early as possible and to secure it with a £50 deposit, payable to Science Boffins. The balance is payable not later than two weeks before the party date.
2. We will always strive to offer you the nearest available Boffin but the acceptance of your booking fee does not guarantee availability.
3. You will be given in advance the name and mobile phone number of the Boffins attending your party. If you have any concerns on the day, do not hesitate to call the Boffin if the office is closed. Boffins have to keep to a time schedule and appreciate your guests being ready at the appointed time.
4. You are requested not to provide food or drink during the presentation and to encourage the children not to wander off to any other attractions that may be present. Telephone descriptions of the party are not a guarantee that any particular experiments will be performed. If there are any special requests, we will endeavour without commitment to comply.
5. Should you have any documentation requirements viz: Presenter Identification, DBS's, Public Liability Insurance, Risk Assessments etc., these must be requested a minimum of two weeks before the presentation.
6. We require a covered table about 1.2 m (4 feet) long in a quiet room large enough for all the children to sit down.
7. All parties are quoted based on a continuous presentation. We do not have any stops between sections apart from perhaps a short comfort break which can be prearranged.
8. Please be aware that there is an inherent risk with Pop-Corn that some of the kernels will not pop and this presents a hazard to teeth. Please ensure your guests are aware of this as we cannot be responsible for any injuries.
9. We will always do our best to ensure that dry ice is delivered in time but we are dependent on third parties over whom we have no control and therefore we cannot guarantee or be financially responsible for late or non-deliveries.
10. All adults are most welcome to sit in on the presentation, but a minimum of one present at all times, please. If there are several adults we do request that they respect the presenter and remain quiet.
11. We reserve the right to publish any user submitted comments, images and feedback.
12. We operate a Money Back Guarantee. We hope this will never happen, but if you are unhappy with the Presentation or the Presenter stop the Boffin within 30 minutes of the start. Tell him/her that you are dissatisfied and the reason for it. We will refund in full whatever you have paid us for the Presentation as well as any costs paid to us for mileage.
13. Booking fees are not refundable although we will willing carry them forward to a future date.
14. Cancellations within 30 days are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations within 15 to 0 days are subject to a 75% cancellation fee.
15. The right is reserved to charge a late payment fee and interest in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. Additionally, a correspondence charge of £5.00 per letter, email or phone call necessitated by the non-payment of our account, may be charged at the Company’s discretion.
17. Our address for correspondence is: Science Boffins (Barnet) Ltd, Devonshire House, Manor Way, Borehamwood. WD6 1QQ. The company is registered in England number 6912483
18. Alterations to these conditions will only be accepted if confirmed in writing by us.
19. The retrospective reduction of £20 for 14 or less participants must be claimed within 1 month of your booking.
We want you to have as much fun as we will do presenting your party. If you have any concerns, please contact us. Should you have any complaints we will do our best to resolve them. However, if it is ever needed, our complaints procedure is available on request.